Sentinel dVPN Validator Setup Guide
This guide is intended for anyone who wishes to contribute to the Sentinel Network by participating in the validation of transactions and blocks.
Validators play a crucial role in maintaining the security and integrity of a network by verifying the authenticity of transactions and enforcing network rules and protocols. To participate in the network, validators are required to stake a certain amount of DVPN coins. Incentivized by the receipt of DVPN coins as rewards, validators are motivated to act honestly and ensure the network's security
To operate as a Sentinel dVPN Validator, you need to set up a full node and create the validator transaction.
A Sentinel dVPN Validator can be deployed on various platforms, including:
- Dedicated server (as explained in this guide)
- Your home setup
- The Akash Network
To set up a Validator successfully, you should possess a moderate level of proficiency in Linux and networking. This guide has been designed to assist users in comprehending all the necessary steps required for setting up a full node and becoming a Validator.
Once you've become a Validator, it is strongly recommended to explore the following sub-modules to enhance both security and contribute to greater network decentralization.
- TMKMS Security: protect your private validator key!
- Monitoring Tools: make sure everything works properly on your Validator machine!
- REStake App Setup: a guide to join Restake.app and enable your Validator for autocompound
- RPC Exposure: enable remote execution of functions and access to node services